You’ve always heard that it’s not a good idea to mix business and pleasure. But what happened if you had a more professional mindset to when it came to dating? This means perhaps, thinking through your decisions and not acting on emotion alone. By being more professional about dating, you can avoid train wrecks and also eliminate any time wasting. It doesn’t mean you have to be distant or not enjoy yourself with your date, it just means the same rules you would apply as a business person should be applied to dating. Here are some business rules you should apply to the next date you go on.
- Don’t pursue any relationship that doesn’t fulfill what you want. The guy may be great on paper but it doesn’t mean he’s right for you. Just when it comes to business or a career, just because it’s a great job, it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for you. Don’t waste your time and move on to someone that excites you and makes you truly happy. You never want to settle in your relationship or your career.
- Don’t be a control freak. Life doesn’t always go as expected and sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Think out of the box and see where the road takes you. Just like you wouldn’t want to control your employees or colleagues the same should apply to your date. Besides, colleagues and dates do not enjoy the company of someone who can’t let loose and have some fun.
- Be the person you want to attract. Ever notice that negative people attract other complainers while motivated and optimistic people attract successful people? You can’t expect to attract an optimistic, happy, and motivated person if you are not. So be happy and driven and people will naturally be drawn to you. Successful professionals do not ever let life drag them down, no matter how bad things can get. Always remember this the next time you are on a date and find yourself complaining too much during dinner.
- Decide what you want. Are you currently looking for a long-term partner or potential spouse? Perhaps you just want to have fun right now. Whatever you want to do, make sure you focus on your goals. If you want a long term relationship, you need to treat it as a long-term investment. This means focusing on the larger picture and making decisions according to your future goals.
- Remember that good things come to those who wait. Yes it might take a while for you to be where you want, but you have to remember, Rome wasn’t built in a year either. Good things take time, just like your career, you need to build and nurture your relationship. So don’t lament or get frustrated if you aren’t getting to your relationships goals as fast as others. Just make sure you enjoy your journey and fulfill the main goals you desire. You may learn more about yourself and help build character.