Coconut milk is a liquid found in mature coconuts naturally. Once you break the coconut open the liquid that leaks first is coconut water but the milk is gotten after blending the coconut meat and straining it; this will give you coconut milk. It is good to know that younger coconuts are best for coconut water but the for the best coconut milk use mature coconuts. Coconut milk is rich in saturated fatty acids which are healthy.
Coconut milk is an answer to many hair problems as it is high in vitamin E, vitamin C and fats. Hot coconut milk oil treatment is great for keeping the hair looking healthy, lustrous and strong. Coconut milk can be used when cold or hot.
Benefits of coconut milk to the hair
- Coconut milk is said to have excellent properties for moisturizing and treating irritated itchy and dry scalp. For it to be effective with homemade coconut milk massage gently through the hair for 5 minutes and then place a hot towel for a nourishing effect. This treatment is meant to restore damaged, brittle and dry hair and it also fixes split ends. You can add a mashed ripe avocado for best results.
- Coconut milk has numerous nutrients which are essential for promoting hair growth. The essential nutrients boost hair follicles to promote hair growth and it will promote healthy hair. the treatment starts by
- Detangle the hair properly.
- Dip a cotton ball into the ball. Cotton will make the application process easy.
- Apply the milk from the scalp to the hair shaft and tips of the hair.
- Use the fingers to massage the scalp for good blood circulation and promoting hair growth.
- Cover the hair with a cap and heat your hair naturally. Make sure that the milk does not leak.
- Leave the cap on for 4-5 hours so that it gets into the root of the hair.
- Shampoo your hair then condition it.
- Coconut milk is used for conditioning the hair. to enjoy this benefit use equal amounts of shampoo and coconut milk when washing the hair or you can use the milk as a leave-in conditioner. When used for conditioning the coconut milk promotes thicker hair and promotes longer non greasy, thicker hair. this is the process on how to condition your hair
- Using 4 tablespoons of coconut milk mix it with hair oil and honey (for hair oil you can use castor oil or olive oil).
- This can be messy but it is worth it. For about 2 minutes heat this mixture and apply to your hair.
- Wear a cap and leave it on for one hour.
- Shampoo your hair normally.
- Coconut milk is used to treat baldness when some organic compounds are added to it.
- Mix 50 ml of coconut milk with 10 ml plain yoghurt.
- Add a small amount of camphor solution to the mixture.
- When its ready massage the mixture on to the scalp without leaving out the bald spots.
- Leave the mixture for 1 to 2 hours and using warm water rinse the hair.
- Instead of using a hair dryer let the hair to dry naturally.
- Repeat this at least twice a week and watch your hair grow.
- Coconut milk is an excellent for hair detangle. Rub the milk through the hair and detangle by running the fingers through the hair, then use a wide toothed comb to completely detangle the hair. For maximum benefits add some melted Shea butter or some oil.
How to extract coconut milk
Using a coconut grater, take a fresh mature coconut and grate it.
Then using a muslin or cheese cloth squeeze the milk in a bowl.
After squeezing filter the milk to remove large particles.
Pour the milk into a pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until it is paste like and allow to cool. Use when hot or cold or freeze the milk for later use.
Coconut milk has great milk properties which will help the hair and scalp in treating and maintaining healthy hair. Everybody loves great hair that makes heads turn try the different milk treatments.