Sometimes we can let ourselves go at a party and drink a bit too much. Fast forward to the next day and the sound of the alarm invades your head like a speeding mac truck screaming down the highway. You can’t take off and recuperate so you have to force yourself out of bed and make yourself presentable. It can seem like a daunting feat, but with a few steps you can make yourself look put-together even when you’re hungover. Keep reading to find out how!
- Help your hangover before you go to bed. Don’t flop yourself onto your bed and pass out with your shoes and coat still on, do yourself the favor and take precautionary measures. Remove your makeup, drink a glass of water, and take two ibuprofen or aspirin. Also make sure to prop your head on an extra pillow to eliminate swelling and puffiness. Believe me, your body will thank you.
- Remove puffiness and under eye bags with a cold compress or cold spoons. Before you hop in the shower in the morning, place two spoons in the freezer. When you get out and before you start your morning ritual, place the two spoons under your eyes. This will restrict the blood vessels under your eyes and reduce puffiness.
- Use eye drops to remove any redness. If you wake up with bloodshot eyes, use a few eye drops to eliminate redness and dryness. There are even some eye drops with a cooling sensation that can be very refreshing after a rough night.
- Dry shampoo is your friend. Don’t have time to wash your hair? Refresh your style by using dry shampoo. If you don’t have any, use some talc or baby powder. This will absorb can oiliness at the roots and also will mask and eliminate any odors from the night before. To look extra neat, brush hair and pull it into a sleek ponytail.
- Hydrate your face with a refreshing facial mist. Sometimes even if you drink water before bed, you can still wake up to parched, dry skin. Don’t panic, just mist your face with a mineral water spray. If you don’t have any facial mists, place a cold damp towel on your face for a few minutes.
- Avoid heavy eye makeup and go for the no-makeup look. You don’t want to draw attention to your tired eyes so make sure to go light on the makeup. Use a brightening concealer under the eyes, curl your lashes, and apply two to three coats of mascara.
- Have people focus on a fun lip color instead. The best way to draw attention away from tired eyes to have people focus on something else on your face. Go for a bolder lip color such a fun, flirty pink, a bright coral, or a powerful red. People will immediately be drawn to your lips and not the rest of your face.
You don’t have to worry about looking like a haphazard mess after a night of wild-partying. Instead take these tips and use them to your advantage. Refresh yourself in the morning and leave your house with your best face forward!