Having multiple partners or having sex with someone and then trying to figure out what you are has become common place, when before it was considered widely distasteful. THOT stands for, “that hoe over there.” If you’re not sure whether or not you fall into the category, there are five sure-fire ways to tell.
- You place your phone face down. Sometimes it’s because you don’t want to be distracted with work, but other times it’s because you don’t want your significant other to see your phone lighting up. Ultimately, you don’t want them to see who is texting and calling you.
- You only follow the opposite sex on social media. It’s simple, following someone is a way you show you’re interested in what they post. If it’s all members of the opposite sex, you obviously get validation through the attention of others and have no business being in a relationship.
- You post inappropriate pictures. If your feed is mostly mirror-booty and cleavage shots, you’re clearly seeking the wrong kind of attention and are not relationship material. If you’re wearing a sports bra and spandex to places other than the gym, you need to re-evaluate.
- You’ve hooked up with every bouncer at the bars you frequent and are known for the walk of shame from a new guy’s place every weekend. Getting with multiple guys from Tinder in one night is also not cool (STIs are gross).
- You wear stilettos, a full face of makeup and gaudy earrings at 8 o’clock in the morning. Who else has the energy for that?
We all know those specific individuals who come to mind when we hear THOT, but remember, there is a fine line between THOT and just doing your thing!