The vagina is a mysterious area for both men and women. Some women might think they are experts of their nether regions, but that’s not always the case. In fact there is much misinformation about the vagina. Here are ten things that women should and need to know about their vay jay jay.
- You are not fully safe from STDs with a condom. While condoms are great for protecting against unwanted pregnancies and most venereal diseases, it doesn’t mean it’s absolute. There are some diseases, like Herpes 2 which can spread to other body parts such as the scrotum. If your lovely lady bits come into contact with the affected region, you can still catch whatever your partner has.
- Most women cannot and do not orgasm from intercourse alone. Other stimulation, like clitoral stimulation is usually needed in order to make a woman orgasm. So ladies don’t be afraid to do what needs to be done to feel good.
- Many women do not know where their G spot is. While it can be frustrating that you can’t find your sweet spot right away, don’t fret. Take some time, relax, and explore yourself. Generally the G spot is located along the front wall of your vagina’s canal. If you move your finger up and down this wall with a slightly bent finger, you should be able to find it. Or if you want our partner to find it for you, you can always play “Find my G Spot” with him.
- There is no such thing as a perfect vagina. Like women, vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. So don’t compare yours to another’s and be happy with the unique one you have.
- The origin of the word vagina is from the Latin root meaning “sheath for a sword.” It’s pretty straight to the point.
- Queefs or vaginal farts are normal and will happen to every woman in her lifetime. It happens because air gets trapped in the vagina and when the air is released, it sounds like a fart. It’s nothing to be worried about, have a laugh with your partner and move on.
- Kegel exercises are a great way to strengthen your vaginal muscles and also can aid to boost arousal and intensify orgasms. So master your kegels!
- It’s not necessary to use a douche or feminine cleanser for your vagina. Your vagina self-cleanses itself. Companies want you to believe it’s necessary but ultimately you really don’t ever need to do it. Also, some of these products can irritate your lady bits and do more harm than good.
- You can be turned on but not wet. Sometimes, despite being very turned on, your vagina may be dry. You aren’t weird or odd, just use some water based lubricant and enjoy the night!
- The clitoris should not be ignored during sex as it has 8000 nerve endings. That’s a lot of pleasure to be had so forget to show it some love!
It’s important to understand your female bits. So don’t shy away from the vast information you can learn about it and embrace what you learn. Your vay jay jay is too important to be ignored.